Welcome...

Since my website at www.scottcooknco.com has gone live, I will be posting to this blog less often. Please connect with my new website or my professional portfolio with 310 Artists Agency at www.310artists.com.

4.01.2008

The Lady of the Forest

Recently at work, I enrolled in a sculpture class. The first project was a small bust no more than 5" or so. I enjoyed it so much that when it came time for a full figure piece, I just continued the project. When it was finished, I put her to light and touched her up in photoshop. This lady of the Forest has been a wonderful escape from the digital world for which I have found myself of late. I have now started a small wax sculpture of my two boys as monsters that I plan to have bronzed when completed.
Michelangelo once told the Pope that he was not a painter, but a sculptor. I can see why. Sculpting, even in my humble attempts is the closest one can come to God's fashioning mankind from the dust of the earth.

No comments:

Little Leaps of Faith (screenshot)

Little Leaps of Faith  (screenshot)
Scott Cook ©

Goode VS Evil

Goode VS Evil
"TRIBULATION" (book 1 of 7) Scott Cook ©